VB MARC-8 CharSet Change Log
Version 1.1 (2003-05-06)
I am relatively confident calling this a production release:
- I've done some testing with real MARC records, including some with East Asian characters.
- The two CharsetFactory functions MARC8ToStringWEntities and UTF8ToStringWEntities had bugs which
caused the numeric character entities to be incorrect; this has been fixed.
- In some cases there were variant East Asian characters which mapped to Unicode points in the Private Use Area (PUA). If there is
a variant or alternate character in one of the regular Unicode regions (not PUA) that character will be used instead of the PUA
- These classes are now used by VB ZOOM for MARC-8 character conversions.
- This version is binary compatible with the previous version.
Version 1.0 (2003-01-30)
Consider this a beta release:
- I have done some testing with artifically created MARC-8 strings, but I haven't
had a chance to test it with any real MARC records yet.
- Binary compatability between this version and future versions is not guaranteed.